@philipstudentemail1Today was my dog Ginger’s 1 year adoption day! So I played with her at the park I got her from and we chased ducks, birds, and deer! She actually got within 10 ft of catching a few deer that had around a 50 foot head start and probably would of caught it if I had not been holding the leash. I was having to much fun to get a picture so that’s her from December. She was 8 pounds when I got her now she’s over 50 pounds!
@tetraoxygen0Failed at getting the Allotrope mailserver working, so here is dog tax
@neel.redkar1YAY got disconnects, automatic attaching of consumers, and got it to work on a phone
enjoy the doggo
@kayley0I just got off of my last meeting with my WAVE advisor this cycle. We actually had a really amazing talk today (tl;dr debugging is painful, but you'll learn a lot), and we even went through my projects on GitHub as well. I've been able to learn so much from him over the past couple of months — I'm seriously going to miss our hour-long conversations. Also, say hello to Cooper, Looker's (unofficial) mascot and the bestest dog!
@matthew0I’m finally home in Indiana!!! Here’s a video of my big boy Marshall sitting on my lap while we listen to All Delighted People by Sufjan Stevens
@kayley0Woohoo! Another great HackClub AMA, this time with Tommy DeVoss. I got to see not one, not two, BUT THREE DOGS!
@matthew0Spent all day today fixing a ton of Scrappy bugs! Here's everything I did today:
• The streak resetter is called by a Zap that runs every hour, but it kept turning off every time it ran because I wasn't sending a response back. Now it's fixed and running every hour! 🕐
• We added text formatting (emojis, channels, and users) a while back, but posts made before that still appeared unformatted. So I wrote a script that formatted every scrapbook update since the beginning ⭐
• Scrappy now publicly links to the scrapbook profile of anyone who shares a CSS style so that anyone can see what the style looks like 🖌️
• If you had a custom scrapbook domain set and you ran /scrappy setdomain again to set a new one, it wouldn't remove your previous domain from Vercel. Now, it does! :vercel:
• For a while, when you edited a message or shared an unfurled link in a thread, Scrappy would react with a beachball. Now, it doesn't do that anymore :beachball:
• If you to set your status to a streak number that doesn't match your streak, Scrappy sets your status to a clown emoji. A few days ago I accidentally broke this feature, but I fixed it today! 🤡
• Yesterday, @saharsh submitted a pull request that automatically updates your scrapbook profile when you edit relevant profile information in your Slack profile. Today, I got that PR working, made a few changes, and merged it. Now when your profile picture, website, GitHub profile, and timezone change, it'll instantly be reflected on your scrapbook profile 🙌
• Today, I was made aware that Scrappy occasionally doesn't update people's status, either when they post an update or when their streak is reset. I believe I fixed the issue—I couldn't test it because I couldn't easily reproduce it, but if you notice your streak status not being properly updated, let me know so that I can investigate further! :som-7+:
• In case you didn't know, all full slack members can run /som-promote to promote a multi-channel guest to a full user in Slack. Now, when you do that, it notifies #welcome-committee that they've been promoted so that they can help them get acquainted with the rest of the community! :heart:
• And finally: previously when you uploaded large video files (>300MB), Scrappy would falsely tell you your video was successfully uploaded, only to silently fail and display an unsatisfying black screen on your profile. It was failing because 1) Slack wasn't serving the video near-instantly like it normally does with most files, so Scrappy was fetching an error page, and 2) even if Scrappy managed to fetch the large video, it crashed the Heroku dyno because it didn't have enough RAM to download the whole file. My largest project for today was getting large video files to work. Now, if you upload a file that's too big for Scrappy to download, it will wait for Slack to serve the file, upload it directly to Mux (the platform we use to serve video on the website), and notify you when it's processed. So go ahead and upload multi-minute videos now! :yay: 📹
If you find any other bugs in Scrappy, please let me know or open an issue in the GitHub repo (github.com/hackclub/scrappy) and I'll fix it. And of course, if you notice any of the bugs I supposedly fixed today persisting, please let me know so that I can look further into them and fix them for good.
Here's a picture of me giving a very good dog a belly rub
@msw0it was a hot day so i drew a hot dog 🌭 :doggo:
@heyrajan0This summer, I got the one thing every kid asks for: a #dog !! Its an Audsiedoodle - Australian Shepherd / Poodle!!! Her name is Oreo, or Ori for short :)