@ktm0Had a really awesome time competing in my first CTF. Big shoutout to @luke for encouraging me to do it and to @firstname.lastname@example.org@saharsh for letting me be on their team even though I was a total noob lol.
@thatrobotdev0My internship group at @CodeDay Codelabs just wrapped up! I learned a lot, and I was in a group with some amazing people. Thank you @saharsh for being our mentor!
We created a short demo video about the chrome extension that we maa
In 4 weeks, we created altML. altML is a chrome extension that uses machine learning to generate image captions for websites that don’t have them. Check it out at github.com/saharshy29/altML!@sampoder0yeet speedy me caught up with all the hardware grants and DMs (though just through my last meeting that's ticked back up to 12 dms so gotta check them all), also had a couple of meetings tonight starting off with a OnePwaa org get together where we planned out our post-COVID camp situation and then a chat with @msw and @roshan about "sending money around the world". Finished off the night chatting with @itsmingjie, @saharsh and Tyler about CodeLabs but it turned into people bullying Airtable so...
idk what photo to share so here's the pizza I heated up today 🍕
@matthew0Spent all day today fixing a ton of Scrappy bugs! Here's everything I did today:
• The streak resetter is called by a Zap that runs every hour, but it kept turning off every time it ran because I wasn't sending a response back. Now it's fixed and running every hour! 🕐
• We added text formatting (emojis, channels, and users) a while back, but posts made before that still appeared unformatted. So I wrote a script that formatted every scrapbook update since the beginning ⭐
• Scrappy now publicly links to the scrapbook profile of anyone who shares a CSS style so that anyone can see what the style looks like 🖌️
• If you had a custom scrapbook domain set and you ran /scrappy setdomain again to set a new one, it wouldn't remove your previous domain from Vercel. Now, it does! :vercel:
• For a while, when you edited a message or shared an unfurled link in a thread, Scrappy would react with a beachball. Now, it doesn't do that anymore :beachball:
• If you to set your status to a streak number that doesn't match your streak, Scrappy sets your status to a clown emoji. A few days ago I accidentally broke this feature, but I fixed it today! 🤡
• Yesterday, @saharsh submitted a pull request that automatically updates your scrapbook profile when you edit relevant profile information in your Slack profile. Today, I got that PR working, made a few changes, and merged it. Now when your profile picture, website, GitHub profile, and timezone change, it'll instantly be reflected on your scrapbook profile 🙌
• Today, I was made aware that Scrappy occasionally doesn't update people's status, either when they post an update or when their streak is reset. I believe I fixed the issue—I couldn't test it because I couldn't easily reproduce it, but if you notice your streak status not being properly updated, let me know so that I can investigate further! :som-7+:
• In case you didn't know, all full slack members can run /som-promote to promote a multi-channel guest to a full user in Slack. Now, when you do that, it notifies #welcome-committee that they've been promoted so that they can help them get acquainted with the rest of the community! :heart:
• And finally: previously when you uploaded large video files (>300MB), Scrappy would falsely tell you your video was successfully uploaded, only to silently fail and display an unsatisfying black screen on your profile. It was failing because 1) Slack wasn't serving the video near-instantly like it normally does with most files, so Scrappy was fetching an error page, and 2) even if Scrappy managed to fetch the large video, it crashed the Heroku dyno because it didn't have enough RAM to download the whole file. My largest project for today was getting large video files to work. Now, if you upload a file that's too big for Scrappy to download, it will wait for Slack to serve the file, upload it directly to Mux (the platform we use to serve video on the website), and notify you when it's processed. So go ahead and upload multi-minute videos now! :yay: 📹
If you find any other bugs in Scrappy, please let me know or open an issue in the GitHub repo (github.com/hackclub/scrappy) and I'll fix it. And of course, if you notice any of the bugs I supposedly fixed today persisting, please let me know so that I can look further into them and fix them for good.
Here's a picture of me giving a very good dog a belly rub