Day 10 of the Winter Hardware Wonderland :winter-hardware-wonderland:
Not much done today, I’ve been a bit caught up with school at the moment
• made a to do list for future updates to the code
Make sure to check out the GitHub repo (Puffball101961/rgbmatrix) if you are interested in replicating my project
Day 9 of the Winter Hardware Wonderland! :winter-hardware-wonderland:
Got a Github repo setup with most of the codebase, now going to keep working on the software past the 23rd.
Day 7 of WHW! :winter-hardware-wonderland:
Small day today:
• Fixed some more bugs
• Added some error screens
Winter hardware wonderland Day 7 :winter-hardware-wonderland:
Big day today!
• Base code done so it mostly works
• Fixed some bugs
Over the next few days I’m going to be adding in extra functionality
Day 6 of Winter Hardware Wonderland :winter-hardware-wonderland:
Pretty chilly today, Melbourne’s weather just doesn’t want to make up its mind!
• installed the fan PWM controller
• Wrote a little bit more code
Day 5 of the Winter Hardware Wonderland :winter-hardware-wonderland:
Some nice weather in Melbourne today, definitely compared to yesterdays 💀 💀 🔥 🔥
• Nearly fully coded the crypto API section
• Got the rgb matrix emulator working on my PC so I don’t need to upload code to the pi every time I want to test something.
• Ordered a PWM controller from Amazon for those loud fans
Day 4 of Winter Hardware Wonderland :winter-hardware-wonderland:
Not so much winter for us in Melbourne today, reached about 40 degrees Celsius.
Not much done today:
• downloaded icons
• Started some code
Day 3 of the Winter Wonderland :winter-hardware-wonderland:
Greetings once again from Melbourne!
Finally got the panels working together with the controller and pi!
The fans are a bit loud so I’ll have to put a trim pot in series with them.
Winter wonderland Day 2 :winter-hardware-wonderland:
Hello again from Melbourne!
Here’s my day 2 progress:
• Installed the rest of the hardware
• Flashed the micro sd card with raspberry pi OS
• Started building Python 3.11 ( turns out it takes forever on a pi)
Happy Day 1 Winter Wonderland Makers!
Here’s my day 1 progress.
• Case assembled and cleaned up
• Most hardware installed in the case
:winter-hardware-wonderland: Looking forward to seeing all your builds as well! :winter-hardware-wonderland: