@sampoder0the sun has set (quite literally now), thank you from the bottom of my heart to everyone who joined the Summer of Making!!! it’s hard to piece together words, so here’s a post i wrote… and the recap site I'm about to ship….
one thing I haven’t done yet is say thank you to a lot of people, so meet my thank you wall:
• thank you @roshan for being there literally always and being amazing, for bringing your. abundance of knowledge to #hardware-party and listening to me even when I’m not literate. you’re the best partner in crime!
• thank you to @athul & @annlee_fores, for being life savers (on multiple occasions) and stepping up to support with all the Indian grants. True life savers.
• thank you to @lachlanjc for guiding me through making the recap site, always supporting when ever I contribute to Scrapbook or the Site and for all their support in the fast few days. Plus just being super nice and cool!
• thank you to @cwalker for all their support with hardware over the summer and just being someone to talk things through with!
• thank you to @msw & @cwalker for all the lengthy convos we had pre-launch that helped lead SoM in the right way!
• thank you to @neel.redkar for building awesome things that were life savers!
• thank you to @zrl for being super supportive but also brutally honest at times! that brutal honesty saved us!
• thank you to @elisemoe for being super supportive of us and for helping me out with pitching to Adafruit & Arduino!
• thank you to @cp & @michael.destefanis for putting up with my banking incompetence and some of the shenanigans we attempted!
• thank you to @matthew, @amogh, @dinaelhanan, @tmb, @christina695, @melody for all being super cool and doing super cool stuff!
• thank you to @rishi for whilst not being directly on the team, had a massive impact :)
OH AND OFC THANK YOU TO EVERYONE HERE YOU ALL ARE SO FREAKING AMAZING THANK YOU FOR BEING COOLLLLL!!!!!!
heres the earliest photo i could find, i’ll let your imagination go wild…
@lachlanjc0Last day in our temporary office today, in Bloomington:
• Ended SoM hardware grants with a wonderful PR from @sampodergithub.com/hackclub/summer-site/pull/57 & gave him feedback on our upcoming homepage by him!!
• Bank: fixed a Transparency Mode bug on the G Suite page
• Bank: reached out to someone I super admire about working on an explorative new project together
• Workshops: in preparation for the new Clubs, standardized our formatting & streamlined authoring open letters github.com/hackclub/workshops/pull/20
• Moved forward on iPad distribution project
• Unblocked @neel.redkar on serverless deployment
• Talked with @michael.destefanis to plan Bank work, @tmb about MacBook project, @msw about Slack comms, then a long chat with @zrl about workflow/responsibilities at HQ
Here’s what @matthew & I made for dinner. Going on a quick weekend trip in the morning!
@zrl0Long day of discussions with team in Vermont. What will the next school year look like? Year of the Rock. Populating Hackerland. Slack as a tool. @cwalker joined us today in Vermont. @cp is joining team over summer to work with @michael.destefanis on Bank operations.