@KaraMassie0Eeeiii! First #scrapbook post. With the help of the sweetest, smartest co-workers here at HQ, I’ve been building a Slack cat bot in js using Bolt.
I started by roughing out a design that is vastly beyond my current abilities, and that is based on the worst funniest personality traits of my IRL cat.
A Cat currently lives in #the-litter-box only. It’s very shy, for now.
So far, I’ve learned how to:
• set up a bot using Slack’s API
• use Replit; and then,
• get my Slack tokens revoked by accidentally moving all my code to a public repo in GitHub
• regenerate those, and put them in a non-uploaded file
• Run my bot locally
On the js side I’ve learned how to:
• Set up which channel it is in
• Get the bot to respond to certain words or phrases
• Set up delays and randomization
• Create ‘untriggered’ events (ie the bot does random things without provocation)
• Have the bot react to users entering the channel