A little step to the SleepBuddy ⏰, which gets finally a bit more of attention this week-end ! I've tried to make work my movement sensor (not so easy I spent 2 hours without seeing that I connected it wrong 😬, and my arduino's pin 2 was not very inclined to receive the sensor data), I have also programmed the led band to light on when movement is detected. Here are the results :
P.S - My digital little screen is also working but idk if I have already said it
WHW day +6: after hours struggling with wifi connection, I have succeeded to get on hack club slack and make a post on the scrapbook. Here is what I did during my week without internet:
• print time on serial monitor thanks to the RTC library that I've already install (i have also displayed them on my lcd screen but i forgot to take pictures)
• read some books about C programming language to code my arduino better (don't have C++ books but it was the best I got without internet 🥲)
this week I went finish my holidays to the mountains ... but I forgot to take my arduino 😭 no progress this week sorry if my project take a long time to get finished (I think i'll not be able to continue during school)
WHW day 8 : Few progress (not like I expect) I just test a single component today : my 7 segment display. it was quite difficult (too much functions for me) but i finally understand how to display some numbers.
I'm sorry to have to say goodbye, I will not have access to internet until the end of the week 😢. Happy WHW !
WHW day 7 : Such a great progress, I can't believe myself! Today was a very productive day (compared to what I've done before of course, I'm just getting started with electronics).
• programming my led strip to change the color depending on temperature and humidity (on my tests humidity changes are more visible)
• cleaning the connections of my breadboard
• testing LCD 16x2 screen
• displaying the sensor information on the screen (I've maked a long code with the sensor, the led strip and the screen working together 🤩)
I'll try to keep up the momentum, and maybe I could finish before the end of the vacation.
WHW day 6: I tooked many lessons today, whether in electricity or electronic.
• resolving a little problem from my led strip (that seemed to be epileptic)
• connecting the temperature and humidity sensor to my arduino and trying to get the informations (I struggled for half an hour with the GND not connected lol 😅)
Tomorrow I will try to screen the sensor informations on another component (already have an idea of led color changing with temperature or humidity, even if it's not part of my project)
WHW day 5 : Today I continue to work on my led strip and have given it its own power generator (sorry for few pictures I forgot to get out my phone)
• cuting a charger cable to get access to + and - wires (goodbye old friend 😢)
• connecting them (the wires) to those of my led strip (that have extra plus and minus wires)
◦ i rolled them together bicause i didn't want to solder them
• testing the prototype with a simple code (discovering the random library at the same time)
Tomorrow I think I will try another component but I don't already know which oneWHW day 4 : Finally on holidays!! Happy to have more time to work on my project 🥳. I have read a little more and looked some videos about Arduino and LEDs strips no to do other errors (like yesterday)
• Think I've lost a cable of my led strip from yesterday (I will need to rework it with a soldering iron)
• finally have succeeded to turn on my led strip :
◦ making a little rainbow for pleasure 😊
◦ being more seriously and making tests to dim gradually the light (for the night light of my SleepBuddy)
WHW day 3 : Sorry for being absent the 2 first day, but I finally find some time to work a bit on my project :
• understanding how Arduino IoT works (I want to connect my Arduino to my friend's machine @AntoineRichard-capponi-U04FRJN0J82)
• trying to connect my first component to the Arduino (luckily without success it was turned on 😓)
I know I'm far from the end, I think actually i will not finish on time, but i'll try to do as much as I can.