When render pipeline research takes you on a tangent of a tangent of a tangent and now you’re reading a 1969 US Air Force research paper
The onslaught continues.
The output vs. the code. This is groundbreaking stuff.
Called with @conrad and the folks at #burrow; got some traffic moving through the virtual interface! Exciting start
Funky 3D map for my website shows my current location. I'm sure that won't be a problem since it's really cool.
Most challenging problem I have solved in a quick minute; this is parsing one type of IMAP response. Still have to handle many more though :/
I've been exploring browser rendering after @zrl mentioned Ladybird, including giving it a shot in Rust.
The internals of SpiderMonkey are especially interesting; Mozilla wrote an overview of how its components work here:
Data visualisations are relaxing to make; this one is using Wikipedia editor data. I wrote a little to explain what's going on. Definitely going to do more of these
Pretty hard to learn when it's not supported anywhere. I guess I'll come back to WebGPU in a few months
More stickers incoming
Learning wgpu-rs again!
Took this fine gent for a run
Yesterday my work on improving the Bank signup experience was shipped, including a new signup form & playground mode on Bank, complete with mock data!
I wouldn't call 9115 hours and 0 minutes an incident per se
Finishing up some work making the signup experience for bank better!
Pictured: hackclub.com/bank, new versus old.
My PineTime dev kit arrived!
Finished building my second A-level coursework project today. Converts decimal to binary and back :P
I forgot to show the #hardware-party people, but here’s my electronics cupboard
The first circuit is a 16 bit flash ADC (the ICs are 741 operational amplifiers being used as comparators); it’s part of my bigger project
The second circuit is my friend’s pulse oximeter
(I’m wheezing because the CO2 levels were ridiculous (we had been in there with the door closed all day) The inconsistent icon styles on the site footers has been bothering me for yonks, so I fixed it. Was bored while my pasta was cooking so went goblin mode in the Figma file.
Attached the motors to the robot chassis without any proper mounting brackets. Tomorrow we’ll mount the arm.
Built a metal frame for robotics. Super sturdy. Very satisfying.
I'm collecting health warnings like Pokémon 🤭
I'm making a browser extension to style lite.duckduckgo.com to look like the main search engine page.