the sun has set (quite literally now), thank you from the bottom of my heart to everyone who joined the Summer of Making!!! it’s hard to piece together words, so here’s a post i wrote… and the recap site I'm about to ship….
one thing I haven’t done yet is say thank you to a lot of people, so meet my thank you wall:
• thank you @roshan for being there literally always and being amazing, for bringing your. abundance of knowledge to #hardware-party and listening to me even when I’m not literate. you’re the best partner in crime!
• thank you to @athul & @annlee_fores, for being life savers (on multiple occasions) and stepping up to support with all the Indian grants. True life savers.
• thank you to @lachlanjc for guiding me through making the recap site, always supporting when ever I contribute to Scrapbook or the Site and for all their support in the fast few days. Plus just being super nice and cool!
• thank you to @cwalker for all their support with hardware over the summer and just being someone to talk things through with!
• thank you to @msw & @cwalker for all the lengthy convos we had pre-launch that helped lead SoM in the right way!
• thank you to @neel.redkar for building awesome things that were life savers!
• thank you to @zrl for being super supportive but also brutally honest at times! that brutal honesty saved us!
• thank you to @elisemoe for being super supportive of us and for helping me out with pitching to Adafruit & Arduino!
• thank you to @cp & @michael.destefanis for putting up with my banking incompetence and some of the shenanigans we attempted!
• thank you to @matthew, @amogh, @dinaelhanan, @tmb, @christina695, @melody for all being super cool and doing super cool stuff!
• thank you to @rishi for whilst not being directly on the team, had a massive impact :)
OH AND OFC THANK YOU TO EVERYONE HERE YOU ALL ARE SO FREAKING AMAZING THANK YOU FOR BEING COOLLLLL!!!!!!
heres the earliest photo i could find, i’ll let your imagination go wild…
Thanks again to @roshan and @sampoder i just now received my missing part from previous package and assembled also luckily i installed kali linux just on day of release of 2020.3 so no new changes luckily and heading on to my project
because @roshan pushes me like my coaches push me to do bessie the cow problems (ty), here's the requested THICC worms and 1 skinny dog photo ( bonus!)
there's a lot more but i cant see in the dark so i just picked up a random pile
Got all the first wave accepted people there acceptance letters and on to the slack and then provided loads of support. After about three read throughs each of 100,000 words worth of applications its really good to be confident with our choices and send out these emails. Big shoutout to @roshan for all their support. Now comes the sad part… rejection letters… now their a whole different level
Raspberry pi - 1, DRM - 0. Finally completed my media server with help of widevine and kodi addon's. Sprinting to finish off lighting controller to finish my living room project. Thanks som team, @sampoder and @roshan for the opportunity.
Got the Last Shipment of Hardware from Hackckub the same day my exams got over!!
Excited for the things coming up:ultrafastparrot:
Thanks to @sampoder@roshan@annlee_fores and @staff for your help, getting regular on scrapbook from today‼️
:yay: Digikey :hardware: hardware arrived today! Thanks @sampoder and @roshan and :summer-of-making: Hack Club for this awesome opportunity!😁 The wrapper stuff it came with was quite interesting though...
Just now received few extra hardware from robu.in and it was so quick thanks to @roshan for sending these out
Edited: Oh yes thanks to @annlee_fores for ordering all of our hardware as fast as possible and whole SOM team for providing chance for students like us
Recieved my first shipment for the hardware grant but unfortunately the ELWire box was damaged and broken into pieces😣.. But however was successful in fixing it just by using an alternate battery box and a bit of soldering😀...
Thanks to @roshan@sampoder and @annlee_fores
yeet speedy me caught up with all the hardware grants and DMs (though just through my last meeting that's ticked back up to 12 dms so gotta check them all), also had a couple of meetings tonight starting off with a OnePwaa org get together where we planned out our post-COVID camp situation and then a chat with @msw and @roshan about "sending money around the world". Finished off the night chatting with @itsmingjie, @saharsh and Tyler about CodeLabs but it turned into people bullying Airtable so...
idk what photo to share so here's the pizza I heated up today 🍕
:party-dinosaur::partyparrot::yaylatios: YAHOOOO THERE ARE NO MORE FINALISED CARTS TO REVIEW!!! We did it @roshan!! (though there's still more waves of applicants and we gotta make sure all these deliveries arrive, but let's celebrate?) Over 160 people have had hardware grants shipped to them! (don't forget you can still join in)
We had some family friends come over today, here's a photo of the yummy pavlova my mum made: