@ced0im thinkin @lmcelroy should pursue a career in hand modeling, what do yall think?
thanks @msw for laser cutting the case design!
what am i looking at?
this is the latest prototype of the sprig, a handheld console for running games made with #sprig
(sprig is a lil tool for making games out of tiles)
also the editor is named sprig. we mightve named too many things sprig
@reesericci1I just had the funniest, most panicked phone call ever with 1-855-62-HACK - i got to talk to @sampoder@deven and @msw. while they were boarding (not @deven) tho. i got put on hold for like 10mins by @deven it was incredible.
@abby0Creating text files and reading from them📚 @msw
@caleb0Visited a makerspace with the Magnificent @msw and the Illustrious @ella, the latter of whom helped me laser-cut something for my desk (or my wall).
@J_cordz7+Today I learned about a very cool Blender :blender:Halftone Shader:macintosh-stcicker: thanks to @msw! This is going to be useful for my 3D model experiments and for 2D as well! :quad_parrot: Today I also studied for my Biology 🦠 🔬 test that I'll have tomorrow and finished yesterday's PR :pr: that got merged! :merge: Also I'm working with @jessicard on a new project for Hack Club :hack-club: that I'll give more details soon! 👀
@J_cordz7+Today I had to do a small trip 🚗 to a near city 🏙️, so I couldn't work on many things, although I managed to finish yesterday all of my homework so I didn't had to do that today! Also, GitHub :github: now let people to follow Orgs so I gave a follow to Hack Club :hack-club:! The best community ever and that I'm very happy to part of! :quad_parrot: Also I started reading The Culture Sci-Fi 🛸 books as a recommendation from @msw! I will be starting with Consider Phlebas and with Excession. 👽
@J_cordz7+Today I joined a very cool Hack Club event! It was a AMA about @msw ! I learned many cool things about his work at Hack Club and amazing things he do and the conversations about project ideas and web3 were great as well! I also learned more on ways to setup a second brain. Here's a very cool Orpheus image!
@Ishan0For some reason I actually want to go to school. Anyways, merged some Duckcoin PRs, hats off to @ArcadeWise! Apparently I have a maple tree in front of my house :eggsdee: Canada moment. Also hosted the crypto call today. I can now say I am officially rich because Christina tipped me 5 dollars worth of doge: 17 doge :dogecoin:
Also, huge thanks to @msw for helping me with a certain problem in my plans to decentralize duckcoin and still let it be easily mine-able. I think I have it all mostly figured out. Duckcoin had zero monetary value right now and if you’re mining it you’re wasting your computer’s processing power but Belle said “not with that attitude” so I guess: Duckcoin to the 🌙 🚀 :eggsdee:
@sampoder4the sun has set (quite literally now), thank you from the bottom of my heart to everyone who joined the Summer of Making!!! it’s hard to piece together words, so here’s a post i wrote… and the recap site I'm about to ship….
one thing I haven’t done yet is say thank you to a lot of people, so meet my thank you wall:
• thank you @roshan for being there literally always and being amazing, for bringing your. abundance of knowledge to #hardware-party and listening to me even when I’m not literate. you’re the best partner in crime!
• thank you to @athul & @annlee_fores, for being life savers (on multiple occasions) and stepping up to support with all the Indian grants. True life savers.
• thank you to @lachlanjc for guiding me through making the recap site, always supporting when ever I contribute to Scrapbook or the Site and for all their support in the fast few days. Plus just being super nice and cool!
• thank you to @cwalker for all their support with hardware over the summer and just being someone to talk things through with!
• thank you to @msw & @cwalker for all the lengthy convos we had pre-launch that helped lead SoM in the right way!
• thank you to @neel.redkar for building awesome things that were life savers!
• thank you to @zrl for being super supportive but also brutally honest at times! that brutal honesty saved us!
• thank you to @elisemoe for being super supportive of us and for helping me out with pitching to Adafruit & Arduino!
• thank you to @cp & @michael.destefanis for putting up with my banking incompetence and some of the shenanigans we attempted!
• thank you to @matthew, @amogh, @dinaelhanan, @tmb, @christina695, @melody for all being super cool and doing super cool stuff!
• thank you to @rishi for whilst not being directly on the team, had a massive impact :)
OH AND OFC THANK YOU TO EVERYONE HERE YOU ALL ARE SO FREAKING AMAZING THANK YOU FOR BEING COOLLLLL!!!!!!
heres the earliest photo i could find, i’ll let your imagination go wild…
@winston0yay! clippers wonnnnnn :party-dinosaur: going to go to the beach in 20 minutes, did more coding + work for upcoming event 👀 got some help from @msw, getting sad and anxious that school is tmr ahhh! can’t wait to watch utah jazz vs nuggets in like 3 more hours @ 6pm pdt!
@lachlanjc0(This photo is the Bloomington HQ’s main room at the beginning of the day.) In between desk assembly & assorted fun times yesterday:
• Worked on Bank v2 product planning with the singular @msw. Came to some great new ideas for cards on Bank I’m really excited to build; essentially, virtual + physical cards for every team member, clearer transaction ownership, simpler ordering & management. Excited to work on some UI prototyping for that today
• Had a wonderful chat with @scott, who’s been working on the Bank backend recently
• Took a walk with @zrl to discuss my work recently & the DNC/RNC & news
• Checked in with @amogh on iPad project
• Shipped a set of small design improvements to Bank
• Embarked on a tale of two packages I hope you’ll discover next week(?) in #scrapbook
Then I made some salmon teriyaki with corn & green beans for dinner with @matthew that was surprisingly good!!
@winston0stickers came in the mail today! shoutout @minderella + @msw! Learning java for mobile app creation, going to the beach to cool off (if you didn’t notice, i go to the beach everyday), eating pear 😋 , and doing more backend coding 🙂.
@lachlanjc0Last day in our temporary office today, in Bloomington:
• Ended SoM hardware grants with a wonderful PR from @sampodergithub.com/hackclub/summer-site/pull/57 & gave him feedback on our upcoming homepage by him!!
• Bank: fixed a Transparency Mode bug on the G Suite page
• Bank: reached out to someone I super admire about working on an explorative new project together
• Workshops: in preparation for the new Clubs, standardized our formatting & streamlined authoring open letters github.com/hackclub/workshops/pull/20
• Moved forward on iPad distribution project
• Unblocked @neel.redkar on serverless deployment
• Talked with @michael.destefanis to plan Bank work, @tmb about MacBook project, @msw about Slack comms, then a long chat with @zrl about workflow/responsibilities at HQ
Here’s what @matthew & I made for dinner. Going on a quick weekend trip in the morning!
@lachlanjc0The past 3 days, I’ve been in New Haven, CT to move out of New Haven HQ & move @matthew & somewhat @msw out of their apartment. I am the most exhausted I’ve been at least all of 2020 after moving, packing, cleaning, transporting, loading etc thousands of pounds of stuff. We shipped maybe 25 boxes all 25-60 pounds at FedEx ($1220) & spectacularly loaded Matthew’s car. Massive shoutout to Matthew & Max for all pouring it on, we are all sweaty & exhausted but now driving to my house. (& don’t worry, Matthew was wearing a mask all the time except when I took a picture)
@matthew0Almost finished moving out of our New Haven office with @msw and @lachlanjc. Hoping to be completely moved out by tomorrow. This office has been sitting idle since mid-March, when COVID hit and all of us dashed out to various places. A lot of my stuff was still here because I went on a big trip to Denver in early March and never came back to New Haven. I'm glad we're finally moving out of here, though it is kinda sad to see the place the clubs team called home for a year go away.
@sampoder4yeet speedy me caught up with all the hardware grants and DMs (though just through my last meeting that's ticked back up to 12 dms so gotta check them all), also had a couple of meetings tonight starting off with a OnePwaa org get together where we planned out our post-COVID camp situation and then a chat with @msw and @roshan about "sending money around the world". Finished off the night chatting with @itsmingjie, @saharsh and Tyler about CodeLabs but it turned into people bullying Airtable so...
idk what photo to share so here's the pizza I heated up today 🍕
@zrl0Sunday. Picked myself up. Laundry. Cleaned up bedroom and led effort to clean up the house. Some journaling, long discussion with @cwalker and @msw joined later. Looking forward for week again.@lachlanjc0Chill day today. Used Next.js serverless functions to add APIs to the Hackathons & Events sites, fixed bugs, lounged around. Worked with @cwalker on Operator & @msw on a crazy hack with Vercel.
@lachlanjc0This photo is from a wondrous night with @msw a few days ago…we sat out on the dock looking up at the glorious night sky & I saw the Milky Way I think for the first time. It was a solid day of infrastructure work today though—shipped a massive update to Hack Club Theme & little updates to a bunch of other sites, switched our asset hosting from CloudFront to Vercel, improved documentation on theme-starter, bugs on Bank. Lots of things I work on no one ever notices, but sometimes that’s the most important to work on.
@christina6950Just gettin so technical.....now using VS Code Editor and GitHub Desktop. W tutorials from @zrl & @lachlanjc and from the kitchen @msw thank you! @rishi0throwback to the time that I made an encrypted bday card for @msw
@zrl0Bank ops. Hack Club running internationally. How do we network our way into The Omidyar Group? What does a 21st century institution look like? New place @msw and I are staying in Vermont for this week.@zrl0Back in Vermont with @msw. Moved into our new home for the next week. Had 2 convos on video call tonight with teammates: (1) how do we make sure ops for Bank will be in a good spot this week and (2) what could something look like that would get more actually good student nonprofits running?@zrl0The house with no internet. Hack Club Bank and the Legitimacy Trap. Cooking shrimp for dinner. Day 1 of in-person HQ being just @christina, @msw, and myself (everyone split from Vermont and nearly everyone will come back in-person by July 5th).@zrl0Today at HQ in Vermont: @lachlanjc and @matthew shipped a ton of bug fixes and small improvements today (and @msw brought along a small surprise). 6 demos in today’s video...